2009 SXSW Wristbands Info, Going On Sale Soon
(Photo via mrmatt)
The initial round of 4000 wristbands will only be available to Austin residents and will be discounted to the price of $129 (includes tax and service charge) which is $10 less than in 2008. When the $129 wristbands sell out, or after Mar 9, 2009, additional wristbands will go on sale at a higher price to be announced. The list price for SXSW '09 wristbands is $180 each.
An individual can buy two wristbands – one must be in the name of the credit cardholder and the second must be assigned to a named individual at the time of purchase.
The $129 discount wristbands will only be sold over the internet, and will require a valid credit card with an Austin area billing address.
- This year all advance wristband sales will be online at http://wristband.sxsw.com.
- In this first-come, first-served sale for area residents only, wristbands are $129 (includes sales tax).
- You will pick up your wristband at the event (March 17-21), and will need to place it on your wrist at the time of pick-up.
- You can only buy one wristband for yourself and one for a friend whose name and email you must provide at time of purchase.
- All purchasers must use a credit card with a local billing address. The name on the credit card must be one of the wristband users.
- Wristbands will be put on sale on short notice, and will be available online at the $129 rate until they sell out or until March 9, 2009, whichever comes first.
- All wristbands are assigned by name and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
If you have any other questions about the wristbands, check out SXSW's Wristband FAQs.