(Photo via mrmatt)
The initial round of 4000 wristbands will only be available to Austin residents and will be discounted to the price of $129 (includes tax and service charge) which is $10 less than in 2008. When the $129 wristbands sell out, or after Mar 9, 2009, additional wristbands will go on sale at a higher price to be announced. The list price for SXSW '09 wristbands is $180 each.
An individual can buy two wristbands – one must be in the name of the credit cardholder and the second must be assigned to a named individual at the time of purchase.
The $129 discount wristbands will only be sold over the internet, and will require a valid credit card with an Austin area billing address.
- This year all advance wristband sales will be online at http://wristband.sxsw.com.
- In this first-come, first-served sale for area residents only, wristbands are $129 (includes sales tax).
- You will pick up your wristband at the event (March 17-21), and will need to place it on your wrist at the time of pick-up.
- You can only buy one wristband for yourself and one for a friend whose name and email you must provide at time of purchase.
- All purchasers must use a credit card with a local billing address. The name on the credit card must be one of the wristband users.
- Wristbands will be put on sale on short notice, and will be available online at the $129 rate until they sell out or until March 9, 2009, whichever comes first.
- All wristbands are assigned by name and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
If you have any other questions about the wristbands, check out SXSW's Wristband FAQs.