As we reported last week, Austin lost a friend and significant talent in Jon Pettis last week. Pettis suffered smoke inhalation and died at his home in northeast Austin after a faulty power strip started a fire. In the wake of his death, his bandmates (also his roommates) and his fiancée have been left devastated -- not just by the terrible loss of a friend -- but by the complete destruction of all of their belongings.
There's an update on the Bankrupt & the Borrowers web site with links and information for those who'd like to donate financially to the group's restoration.
As you may or may not know we lost one of our band-mates, Jon Pettis, early Friday morning due to smoke inhalation from a freak electrical fire in his home. His fiancée along with his good friends and roommates lost everything they owned. We are raising money to get everybody who was displaced back on their feet.
Follow this link for details on how to donate.
Friends and family will join together at Hole in the Wall on Wednesday night at 7 p.m., where an informal memorial and fundraiser will take place before the bar begins its regular evening schedule. Show up and show your support even if you can't contribute fiscally: our friends in the music community need us.
Austinist will keep you posted on any band news in coming months, including what's to come of the group's scheduled performance at this year's Fun Fun Fun Fest.